The Home and Property Inspection Process
What to Expect from a Home Inspection
Now that you have discovered your dream home, it’s time for a complete home and property inspection! Stratton Home Inspections is available for properties in both Iowa and Nebraska. Learn more about our process below.
If you have any further questions for us or you would like to schedule an appointment with us, be sure to contact us today!
- Schedule a time for the inspection. We offer flexible scheduling, making this step that much easier.
- Payment for the inspection is due on or before the date of the scheduled appointment.
- Your inspector will arrive a few minutes early to your property. Your attendance is not necessary, although it is preferred to assist in complete education of the property.
- Our inspection will take about one to two and a half hours, depending on the size of your property.
- We methodically inspect the property in accordance with the InterNACHI Standards of Practice, with additions or exclusions as you have indicated in the Inspection Agreement.
- Upon completion of the inspection, there will be time for a final walkthrough of the property and home to answer any additional questions.
- At this time, an Inspection Agreement will be drawn up as a contract for your inspection. This will then need to be signed before the report is released.
- Your inspector will compile the photos taken at the time of inspection, as well as the information gathered, into a complete inspection report.
- Reports are electronic, and will be delivered via email as a PDF document by the end of the day.
- Stratton Home Inspections is your go-to company far after the report is delivered. If at any time you have further questions, don’t hesitate to call!